You know that people are buying online. You know that you need to talk to customers and create interest and excitement in your product or service. But when are people most receptive to your message? How do you avoid the danger of being seen as spam?
Luckily, there are 5 proven prime times for retailers to reach out to their busy digital customers. Here are 5 of the best times to interact with your customers :
- What are morning commutes for? For most people, it seems to be catching up on emails. 8 out of 10 people are reading emails, including emails from their favourite brands.
- The next most popular time to read emails? The evening commute home.
- Tempting as it may be, don’t send out too many emails. 1 out of 3 people only want to hear from businesses once a week.
- Lunchtime on desktop computers is prime shopping time, with over 7 in 10 people going on-line to shop.
- On the weekends, around lunch or after dinner is the most popular time to buy on-line.
So you’ve managed to catch your customer at the right time. Great. Avoid these 3 things that customers hate and could still lose you the sale :
- Not knowing what the customer has previously purchased. (37%)
- Not using the customer’s name.(35%)
- Not being aware of his/her personal style and product preferences. (25%).
Data from recent survey of 1,000 consumers .